We drive the trailer round to our shared rear drive entrance, drop off the newly detachable front of the trailer and drag it round to the second private entrance.
We turn him around, put the tongue back on and reverse him onto the drive!
We can see the side plates only on the trailer tongue here so it is easy to take them on and off when manoeuvring with our tight access.
In the background you can see the front foil moulds as well as the moulds for the daggerboard and rudder.
The mast and blanks are currently by the hedge – now onto the initial build:
- Get the floats put back on and test the mechanism
- Check the process and practice raising and lowering the mast
- We will look to take it over to Calshot for an initial float test and try out our Tohatsu 3.5hp outboard
- Check out the fittings, layout and process for sailing
- We want some dry runs to ensure we are ready when we go out under sail for the first time!